The American Board of Internal Medicine is seeking dynamic individuals from diverse professional backgrounds to join its ever-growing team. A non-profit organization and leader among medical boards, ABIM offers its employees competitive salaries and generous benefits packages including health, dental, commuter and tuition reimbursement. ABIM's offices are in Center City, Philadelphia, within easy access to public transportation.
Current Positions Available
- Programmer Analyst II
- Programmer Analyst III - Sitecore or Other CMS
- Project Manager
- Oracle Database Administrator
- Programmer Analyst III - Biz Talk
- Research Program Manager
- Senior Vice President, Operations
- Senior Research Associate
ABIM'S Compensation Process
ABIM engages an external compensation vendor to conduct an organization-wide compensation review roughly every three years to assure competitive base and total compensation.
Each cycle, the vendor:
- Reviews all existing job descriptions/documentation;
- Speaks with key managers in each functional area;
- Researches and extracts pay survey data for selected benchmark job types; and,
- Analyzes several pay practice data sources including:
- Reviewing commercial survey reports (Economic Research Institute, Salary.com, PRM Consulting);
- Reviewing 990s for non-profit organizations with similar sizes in health care; and
- Assessing practices of other non-profit and for-profit clients in the Philadelphia labor market.
ABIM maintains a “broadband pay” system (comprised of five bands/job groups), which allows more room for salary growth. Our compensation process also requires specific qualifications and requirements for promotion opportunities.
ABIM maintains salaries in line with designated ranges and competitive pay practices. Compensation of our CEO and that of other executive-level staff is reviewed each year by the Executive Compensation Committee and these results are reported annually to the Board of Directors.