Schedule Your Pulmonary Disease Certification Exam
To sit for the Pulmonary Disease Certification Exam:
If you are eligible to sit for the exam, you can schedule it through your Physician Portal during the open registration window. Test appointments are filled on a first-come, first-served basis by the test vendor, Pearson VUE.
How to schedule:
- Go to the My Exams page in your Physician Portal.
- Click on the green “Register” button next to the exam you wish to take.
- Complete the registration steps.
- Once you have completed the registration steps you will be routed to Pearson VUE’s site to schedule your appointment.
- To schedule your appointment you may also call Pearson VUE directly at 1-800-601-3549, Mon. - Fri., 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT. Provide the Pearson VUE representative with your ABIM ID. Please include “ABIM” in front of your ID number (i.e., ABIM999999) and confirm which exam you will be taking.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail or fax message from Pearson VUE with the details of your assessment. Contact Pearson VUE if you do not receive this confirmation within a day of scheduling. If you do not receive a confirmation within one week, check your spam or blocking filter.
- You will receive a reminder e-mail from ABIM two weeks prior to your exam date.
Before your exam date:
- Familiarize yourself with ABIM's exam policies.
- Read the current re-examination policy for ABIM Board Certification exams.
- Complete the certification exam tutorial to prepare yourself for the test format.
- Find out What to Expect on Exam Day.
- A reminder email will be sent two weeks prior to your exam date.
- ABIM strictly enforces registration deadlines without exception. Missed deadlines are not subject to appeal.
- You are responsible for making your own travel and hotel reservations. Recommendations for overnight accommodations are not available from ABIM or the test vendor.