Adolescent Medicine Exam
The Adolescent Medicine Maintenance of Certification Exam is developed jointly with the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) and the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP). The exam is administered by ABP.
Important Note: Each board establishes its own registration dates and fees for the exam. Candidates certified by ABIM must be aware of the different exam registration dates and deadlines set by ABIM and adhere to them. It is the responsibility of the candidates to be aware of these issues.
It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to be aware of and comply with registration deadlines. In fairness to all candidates, ABIM firmly adheres to its published deadlines for registration and late registration for its examinations. Candidates are strongly urged to apply early in the registration period.
Schedule an exam:
- Register for the exam online during the below listed registration period.
- Once registered, a confirmation page will appear indicating successful registration. This page provides a confirmation number, which is proof the application has been transmitted to ABIM. Print and keep a copy of this page for your records.
- After you have successfully registered, ABIM will forward your information to the American Board of Pediatrics. The American Board of Pediatrics will confirm with ABIM that your information has been forwarded to Prometric, which administers this exam on computer at its 400 test centers throughout the U.S.
- When ABIM receives confirmation that your information is forwarded to Thompson Prometric, you will receive a letter from ABIM that explains how to schedule a testing center and date.
- YOUR NAME MUST MATCH ABIM’S RECORDS BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR EXAM. ABIM uses your full, official name in its records. To change your name, or to correct the spelling of your name, you must notify ABIM in writing. ABIM also requires your current contact information, both your mailing and e-mail addresses, as well as your telephone number. Update your contact information online or send your changes to:
American Board of Internal Medicine
510 Walnut Street, Suite 1700
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3699
fax 215-446-3590 (use this fax number for name changes only)
e-mail email@example.com (if you can provide documentation in digital form; e.g. pdf).
- Contact the American Board of Pediatrics for information about changing test center locations or exam dates.
- Spring Adolescent Medicine Maintenance of Certification Exam: November 1 – January 15
- Fall Adolescent Medicine Maintenance of Certification Exam: June 1 – August 15
(For exam dates see Dates, Blueprints & Scoring.)