- Internal Medicine Certification Exam: $1,365
- Subspecialty Certification Exams: $2,200 (except for Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology, Transplant Hepatology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology)
- Subspecialty Certification Exam in Cardiovascular Disease: $2,345
- Subspecialty Certification Exams: $2,830 for Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology, Transplant Hepatology, Interventional Cardiology and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Non-refundable Late Registration fee: $400
- International Test Center Fee: $500
ABIM only accepts American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
* Costs are for initial certification and do not apply for Maintenance of Certification (MOC). View MOC fees.
- 85% of the exam fee will be refunded if cancellation is received on or before 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the cancellation deadline.
- 50% of the exam fee will be refunded when cancellation is received between 12:00 midnight Eastern Time on the day after the cancellation deadline and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the day prior to the exam.
- For Adolescent Medicine and Sports Medicine, 50% of the exam fee will be refunded on the day prior to the examination administration period.
- 85% of the exam fee will be refunded if your application is disapproved.
- No refund will be issued if cancellation is received after 12:00 midnight Eastern Time on the day prior to the exam.
You must cancel your application for admission to an exam through Physician Login. You will receive immediate confirmation of the transaction. ABIM will not accept cancellations by phone. Cancellations cannot be processed by Pearson VUE.
Once your cancellation is confirmed, you are no longer eligible for admission to the exam.
There are no "extenuating circumstances" that will result in an exception to these policies.