Change or Cancel
Change your Test Center Location
If you need to change your test center location, contact Pearson VUE at 1-800-601-3549. (Note: See separate information for the Adolescent Medicine Exam, Hospital Medicine Exam and Sports Medicine Exam).
Cancel an exam
Exams you have registered for are listed on your personal, secure ABIM home page. To cancel an exam, visit your ABIM home page and click the “cancel exam” link.
- You must cancel your application for admission to an exam through Physician Login. An immediate confirmation is issued for online cancellations. ABIM will not accept telephone cancellations.
- When cancellation is received by 11:59 PM (Eastern time) three (3) days prior to the scheduled examination date, the exam fee will be credited to a future exam.
- The exam fee is forfeited if cancellation is received after 11:59 PM (Eastern time) three (3) days prior to the scheduled examination date, or if an admitted candidate fails to appear for the exam.
- Active military personnel may be eligible for an exam credit. E-mail email@example.com for more information.
- ABIM will send you a letter regarding your examination fee status.
- Admission eligibility is immediately withdrawn once a cancellation is confirmed. You will receive a letter stating that you can no longer take the exam.
- There are no "extenuating circumstances" that will result in an exception to these policies.
- IMPORTANT: Cancellations cannot be processed by Pearson Vue or Prometric.
NOTE: ABIM cannot accept telephone cancellations.
Responsibility for Deadline Compliance
It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to be aware of and comply with seat scheduling deadlines. In fairness to all candidates, ABIM adheres firmly to its published scheduling deadlines for its examinations. Candidates are encouraged to apply early in the registration period. Scheduling Your Maintenance of Certification Exam provides an overview of how to schedule exams, exam fees, and how to change or cancel exams.