Hospitals, Health Systems & Medical Groups
ABIM and medical societies work together to provide relevant options for physicians to update and maintain their knowledge and performance in practice – and improve patient care while earning Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credit.
Ways to Help Your Members Get Maintenance of Certification credit:
Medical knowledge self-assessment providers may submit products to ABIM for recognition in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Physicians who complete these products will be granted MOC points by ABIM. To be eligible for MOC, products must provide the following:
- a learning and self-assessment activity that is relevant to the scope of practice of ABIM diplomates
- unbiased, science-based, peer-reviewed, up-to-date content
- appropriate performance feedback
- objective evidence of successful completion
Some ABIM-recognized medical knowledge self-assessment products may also be designed or advertised to help physicians prepare for ABIM Certification or MOC exams. However, ABIM product recognition for MOC denotes only that a particular product has met the criteria above. ABIM does not endorse or authorize “board preparation” programs, nor does it recommend specific educational activities for ABIM exam preparation.
- For more information, and for the latest application, please contact MedicalKnowledge@abim.org
- Plan and facilitate an MOC Learning Session at your next meeting so ABIM Board Certified physicians can earn MOC credit in an interactive group setting with educational support. At the Learning Session, participants will work together on one or more medical knowledge modules in an appropriate educational setting and format determined by the organization. See Program Guidelines(pdf) for more details.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest version of the medical knowledge module order form. Return completed forms by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to 215-399-2101.