Hospitals, Health Systems & Medical Groups
A growing number of hospitals, health systems and medical groups are incorporating ABIM's Maintenance of Certification program into their own processes for streamlining and quality improvement.
Organizations can support physicians' participation in MOC in the following ways:
- Foster peer learning of important medical knowledge in a collegial setting by hosting Learning Sessions.
- Recruit physicians into quality improvement initiatives using PIMs.
- Apply to have multiple quality improvement activities approved for practice assessment MOC points though the Multi-Specialty MOC Portfolio Approval Program.
- Apply to have a quality improvement project or Web-based tool approved for practice assessment MOC points through the AQI Pathway.
- Teach residents and/or fellows important quality improvement skills through ABIM's PIMs in Residency and Fellowship programs.
By working with ABIM, organizations are providing value to their physicians by: