Change Your Test Center Location
To change your test center location, sign into your Physician Portal, go to My Exams and select the “Cancel/Reschedule Seat” option, except for:
Cancel an Exam
The My Exams page in your Physician Portal lists the exams for which you have registered.
To cancel an MOC exam or a Knowledge Check-In, sign into your Physician Portal, go to My Exams and click the red “Cancel Exam” option.
Note that if you cancel a Knowledge Check-in and do not reschedule it for a date in the same calendar year, you will need to wait two years to take it, since each specialty offers the Knowledge Check-In every other year.
- You must cancel your application for admission to an exam through your Physician Portal. ABIM will not accept cancellations by phone.
- Important: Cancellations cannot be processed by Pearson VUE.
- When cancellation is received by 11:59 p.m. ET two (2) days prior to the scheduled examination date, the exam fee will be credited to a future exam.
- The exam fee is forfeited if cancellation is received after 11:59 p.m. ET two (2) days prior to the scheduled examination date, or if an admitted candidate fails to appear for the exam.
- Active military personnel may be eligible for an exam credit. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Pearson VUE will send you a cancellation confirmation email.
- There are no “extenuating circumstances” that will result in an exception to these policies.
Responsibility for Deadline Compliance
It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to be aware of and comply with registration deadlines. In fairness to all candidates, ABIM adheres firmly to its published deadlines for registration and late registration for its examinations. Candidates are encouraged to apply early in the registration period. The MOC Assessment Information section provides an overview of the assessments in each specialty, how to schedule and how to prepare.