Section: Hospital Medicine Maintenance of Certification Exam
Schedule Your Hospital Medicine MOC Exam
Once you are eligible to take your exam, you can schedule an exam during an open seat scheduling period. Seat assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. You must activate your MOC program at least two weeks prior to scheduling an exam.
- Go to www.pearsonvue.com/abim and “Create an account” or “Sign in.”
On your Pearson VUE account home page, choose the “Pre-approved Exam” you want to take and follow the steps to schedule your exam appointment and test center location.
- When you create a Pearson VUE Web account, your contact information must match the contact information you have on your ABIM home page.
- Have your ABIM ID handy for reference.
- When scheduling, you’ll need to include “ABIM” in front of your ID number (i.e., ABIM999999).
Schedule by phone:
- Call Pearson VUE at 1-800-601-3549, Mon. - Fri., 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
- Provide the Pearson VUE representative with your ABIM ID [for scheduling purposes, please include “ABIM” in front of your ID number (i.e., ABIM999999) and confirm which Maintenance of Certification exam you will be taking].
You are responsible for making your own travel and hotel reservations. Recommendations for overnight accommodations are not available from ABIM or the test vendor.
- You will get a confirmation e-mail or fax message from Pearson VUE with scheduling details for your exam. Contact Pearson VUE if you do not receive this confirmation within a day of scheduling your exam. (If you do not receive a confirmation within one week, check your spam or blocking filter.)
- You will receive a reminder e-mail from ABIM two weeks prior to your exam date.
- Complete the Maintenance of Certification exam tutorial to prepare before your exam date.
Change your test center locations or cancel an exam.