Section: Sports Medicine Maintenance of Certification Exam
Sports Medicine MOC Exam Dates
The Sports Medicine Maintenance of Certification Exam is developed jointly with the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM), the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) and the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP). The exam is administered by ABFM to candidates from all four Boards at the same time in the same testing centers. The standard for passing the exam will be identical for all Boards.
Note that there are two steps you must complete to schedule your exam:
- Enroll prior to registering, if you have not already done so.
- Schedule your exam with the test provider within the time frame of the registration dates listed below.
|Exam Date Options
|Summer 2017: July 11-15, 2017
||Feb. 20, 2017 through May 24, 2017
|Fall 2017: Nov. 6-11, 2017
||July 23, 2017 through Sept. 14, 2017
* In order to register for this exam, you must have completed enrollment in the ABIM MOC program.
- All deadlines are as of 11:59 p.m. ET (Eastern time) on the dates listed above.
- All dates are subject to change.
- Read more about how to Change or Cancel an Exam.
- Cancellation deadline is two (2) days prior to scheduled examination date. (Example: For exams scheduled Friday, May 13, 2016, the cancellation deadline would be 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, May 11, 2016.)
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to be aware of and comply with seat scheduling deadlines. In fairness to all candidates, ABIM adheres firmly to its published seat scheduling deadlines for its examinations. Candidates are encouraged to apply early in the seat scheduling period.
- Exam results will be released within three months of the exam date.