Approved Quality Improvement Pathway
ABIM values the role that health care institutions play in developing robust quality improvement (QI) activities and created the Approved Quality Improvement (AQI) pathway as a way to offer practice assessment MOC points for such activities that meet ABIM’s requirements. The AQI pathway allows ABIM to offer a variety of relevant practice assessment options for internists and subspecialists and allows diplomates to earn MOC points for things they are already doing. ABIM approves two types of activities through the AQI pathway:
- Web-based activities that guide physicians through a review of patient data and support the implementation of a QI plan.
- Quality Improvement (QI) Projects and other non-Web-based activities that are based on accepted improvement and science methodologies.
AQI Policies and Procedures
To Submit an Activity for Approval
- Review the AQI Policies and Procedures Manual (pdf) and the AQI Requirements carefully.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- E-mail completed applications to email@example.com. ABIM has moved away from application deadlines in favor of a rolling review process.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $1,250 for each activity submitted. ABIM will invoice you upon receipt of your application.
- Review of application by ABIM takes approximately 8-12 weeks. During the review period, applicants may be asked to clarify information about their activity.