The Multi-Specialty Portfolio Approval Program™ (Portfolio Program) offers a way for ABIM Board Certified physicians involved in quality improvement efforts at an Approved Portfolio Sponsor organization to earn Practice Assessment Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points. Participation in these efforts is limited and eligibility is often dependent on a physician's membership and/or affiliation with the sponsoring organization.
If you are an ABIM Board Certified physician who has participated in a quality improvement effort at a Portfolio Sponsor organization, you may be eligible to earn MOC points. Note:
- The Portfolio Sponsor will notify ABIM of your participation.
- ABIM will award 20 Practice Assessment MOC points to ABIM Board Certified physicians who complete a project approved by the Portfolio Program on or before August 14, 2017.
- ABIM will award 30 Practice Assessment MOC points to ABIM Board Certified physicians who complete a project approved by the Portfolio Program on or after August 15, 2017.*
- Practice Assessment MOC points for the “Portfolio Program” will appear in your MOC Activity Report within 14 business days of receipt of this information from your Portfolio Sponsor.
- Contact the Portfolio Sponsor directly with questions or disputes about qualifying projects.
* The increase in Practice Assessment MOC points aligns with ABIM’s awarding of MOC points based on the number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM allowed for multi-cycle PI-CME activities. It will also help current and potential new Portfolio Sponsors engage their ABIM Board Certified physicians in practice-relevant organizational activities.