If you are interested in this role, submit your information by filling out the online Item-Writing Task Force Interest Form at the bottom of the page.
||Item-Writing Task Force
||Hospice & Palliative Medicine
|May be renewed:
||Every 2 Years
||TDTaskForce@abim.org or 215-606-4115
The role of the Item-Writing Task Force is to:
- Create content for ABIM’s longitudinal assessment program
- Work with ABIM staff in advancing approach to content development
For more information view ABIM Governance.
ABIM is seeking hospice and palliative medicine physicians to join the Hospice & Palliative Medicine Item-Writing Task Force. Ideal candidates will be certified in Hospice & Palliative Medicine by a participating board other than ABIM.
During the selection process, each candidate’s clinical expertise will be considered in relation to current needs. We are especially interested in candidates who spend at least 50% of their professional time in patient care and have been certified in the discipline for at least five years. We also welcome those who divide their professional time across patient care, teaching, research, and administrative activities.
Requirements for ABIM Service
- Commitment to ABIM's mission “to enhance the quality of health care by certifying internists and subspecialists who demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential for excellent patient care.”
- Genuine interest in professional development and standard-setting for internal medicine and its subspecialties.
- Willingness to comply with the MOC Participation Policy for Physicians Serving ABIM, if applicable, which includes a requirement that diplomates certified before 1990 who have never passed an MOC exam must take and pass an MOC exam within the first three years of ABIM service.
- Willingness to comply with ABIM's Financial and Academic conflict of interest policies, which require relationship disclosures be updated at least annually, and prohibit participation in “board review” or "board prep" courses throughout ABIM service.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills, as well as ability to meet deadlines and complete task assignments.
- For in-person meetings, ABIM arranges and pays for lodging, and reimburses members for meals and travel that fall within the ABIM financial guidelines.
Item-Writing Task Force members are asked to participate in occasional webinar meetings, as well as commit to four to
six hours of independent, remote work each month. No travel is required. Task force members have an initial term of
two years, renewable pending satisfactory performance.
Interest forms will be reviewed on a monthly basis with early consideration given to those who submit their materials early. To be considered for our initial group, your materials must be received by October 15th.
Interest forms will be reviewed by content area on a rolling basis as openings arise.
Candidates will be asked to provide:
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Reference Contact Information – ABIM contacts references for insight into candidates' personal characteristics and collaboration style.
- Personal Statement – Approximately 300 words describing how you hope to contribute to the ABIM.
To be considered for this opening, please complete and submit the online Item-Writing Task Force Interest Form.
Submit Your Information for the Hospice & Palliative Medicine Item Writing Task Force
If this isn’t the position you are interested in, please navigate to the appropriate listing.