Sports Medicine Certification Exam Dates
The Sports Medicine Certification Program is jointly developed by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM), the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM), the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP). The examination is administered by ABFM to candidates from the three boards and ABIM at the same time in the same testing centers. The standard for passing the exam will be identical for all Boards.
|Exam Date Options||Registration Dates||Late Registration Dates*|
|Summer 2022: July 12-16, 2022||Feb. 11, 2022 through May 10, 2022||May 11, 2022 through May 23, 2022|
|* Requires a non-refundable fee|
- All deadlines are as of 11:59 p.m. ET (Eastern Time) on the dates listed above.
- All dates are subject to change.
- Read more about how to Change or Cancel an Exam.
- Read more about Exam Fees and Refund Policy.
- It is the candidate's responsibility to be aware of and comply with registration deadlines. In fairness to all candidates, ABIM adheres firmly to its published deadlines for registration and late registration for its exams. Candidates are encouraged to apply early in the registration period.
- Exam results will be released within three months of the exam date.