Adolescent Medicine MOC Scoring and Results
The examination pass-fail decision is based on your performance on the entire examination. Unanswered questions are scored as incorrect; therefore, you should answer every question. The minimum passing score reflects an absolute standard that is independent of the performance of any group of candidates. This standard has been established by the examination committee and approved by the ABIM Board of Directors.
- After the exam is given, it will be analyzed and evaluated to ensure the reliability of individual results.
- Your results will be released and a Score Report will be mailed to you within three months of the last date of the exam in that area.
- You will receive e-mail notification when your results are released and an announcement will be posted on ABIM's website. No additional information is available until that time.
- You can obtain your pass/fail status for an exam in your Physician Portal on My Exams page when results are released.
- Scores are provided through the mail only. Copies of your Score Report will be maintained for two years from the date they were released. During that period, you may obtain a copy of your Score Report upon written request.
- Questions regarding exam results should be submitted in writing within six months of the date results were released.
At the end of the Certification cycle, physicians who pass the Maintenance of Certification Exam, have successfully completed the self-evaluation component, and whose credentials have been verified by ABIM are considered to be recertified. Physicians with a lapsed Certification are considered recertified upon successful completion of these three components. Your current status is reported in your Physician Portal on My Exams page.