If you are interested in this role, submit your information by filling out the online Item-Writing Task Force Application at the bottom of the page.
|Entity:||Item-Writing Task Force|
|Certification Area:||Adult Congenital Heart Disease|
|Term Length:||Two years, renewable|
The role of the Item-Writing Task Force is to:
- Create content for ABIM assessments;
- When relevant, provide media for use in assessments; and
- Work with ABIM staff to refine the model-based approach to item development.
For more information, view ABIM Governance.
ABIM is seeking physicians to join the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Item-Writing Task Force. Candidates for this task force must:
- Be currently board certified in Adult Congenital Heart Disease or a related discipline
- Be participating in Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
The selection process will consider each candidate's clinical expertise in relation to current assessment content needs. We are especially interested in candidates who spend at least 50% of their professional time in direct patient care. We also welcome those who divide their professional time across patient care, teaching, research, and administrative activities.
Requirements for ABIM Service
- Commitment to ABIM’s mission “to enhance the quality of health care by certifying internists and subspecialists who demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential for excellent patient care.”
- Genuine interest in professional development and standard-setting for internal medicine and its subspecialties.
- Compliance with the MOC Participation Policy for Physicians Serving ABIM, if applicable, which includes a requirement that diplomates certified before 1990 who have never passed an MOC exam must take and pass an MOC exam within the first three years of ABIM service.
- Compliance with ABIM's Financial and Academic conflict of interest policies, which require relationship disclosures be updated at least annually, and prohibit participation in “board review” or "board prep" courses throughout ABIM service.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills, as well as ability to meet deadlines and complete task assignments.
Item-Writing Task Force members are asked to participate in quarterly, two-hour webinar meetings, as well as to commit to an average of four hours of independent, remote work each month. No travel is required. Task Force members have an initial term of two years, renewable pending satisfactory performance.
Candidates who apply by the listed deadline can expect to hear back by the end of each quarter, or as new openings arise in each content area.
Candidates will be asked to provide:
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Reference Contact Information – ABIM may contact references for insight into candidates' personal characteristics and collaboration style.
- Personal Statement – Approximately 300 words describing how you hope to contribute to the ABIM.
To be considered for this opening, please complete and submit the online Item-Writing Task Force Application.
Submit Your Application for the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Item-Writing Task Force If this isn’t the position you are interested in, please navigate to the appropriate listing.