Change Your Test Center Location
To change your test center location, sign into your Physician Portal, go to My Exams and select the “Cancel/Reschedule Seat” option, except for:
- Adolescent Medicine, contact American Board of Pediatrics (ABP)
- Neurocritical Care, contact American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- Sports Medicine, contact American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM)
Cancel an Exam
The My Exams page in your Physician Portal lists the exams for which you have registered.
To cancel a Certification exam, sign into your Physician Portal, go to My Exams and click the red “Cancel Exam” option.
- You must cancel your application for admission to an exam through your Physician Portal. ABIM will not accept cancellations by phone.
- Important: Cancellations cannot be processed by Pearson VUE.
- View the Initial Certification Refund policies.
- Pearson VUE will send you a cancellation confirmation email.
- There are no “extenuating circumstances” that will result in an exception to these policies.
Responsibility for Deadline Compliance
It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to be aware of and comply with registration deadlines. In fairness to all candidates, ABIM adheres firmly to its published deadlines for registration and late registration for its examinations. Candidates are encouraged to apply early in the registration period. The Certification Exam Information section provides an overview of the assessments in each specialty, how to schedule and how to prepare.