Neurocritical Care Certification Exam Dates
The Neurocritical Care Certification Program is jointly developed by the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA), the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM), the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), the American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS), and the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). The examination is administered to candidates from all five Boards at the same time in the same testing centers. ABPN is responsible for administering the examination.
|Exam Date Options||Registration Dates||Late Registration Dates*|
|2021: Oct. 4 – 8, 2021||Dec. 1, 2020 through Apr. 6, 2021||Apr. 7, 2021 through Apr. 27, 2021|
|2022: Oct. 17 – 21, 2022||Dec. 1, 2021 through Apr. 6, 2022||Apr. 7, 2022 through Apr. 27, 2022|
|* Requires a non-refundable fee|
- All deadlines are as of 11:59 p.m. ET (Eastern Time) on the dates listed above.
- All dates are subject to change.
- Read more about how to Change or Cancel an Exam.
- Read more about Exam Fees and Refund Policy.
- It is the candidate's responsibility to be aware of and comply with registration deadlines. In fairness to all candidates, ABIM adheres firmly to its published deadlines for registration and late registration for its exams. Candidates are encouraged to apply early in the registration period.
- Exam results will be released within three months of the exam date.