Schedule Your Adult Congenital Heart Disease Certification Exam
Special note for doctors certified in Pediatric Cardiology from the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP)
The registration information applies to both ABIM and ABP candidates for ABIM certification in Adult Congenital Heart Disease. Candidates from ABP will need to:
- Contact ABIM to apply for an ABIM candidate number; then
- Register for the exam during an open registration period.
Candidates from ABP are encouraged to note relevant deadlines and plan accordingly to allow for adequate time to submit an application for examination.
To sit for the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Certification Exam:
If you are eligible to sit for the exam, you can schedule it through your Physician Portal during the open registration window. Test appointments are filled on a first-come, first-served basis by the test vendor, Pearson VUE.
How to schedule:
- Go to the My Exams page in your Physician Portal.
- Click on the green “Register” button next to the exam you wish to take.
- Complete the registration steps.
- Once you have completed the registration steps you will be routed to Pearson VUE’s site to schedule your appointment.
- To schedule your appointment you may also call Pearson VUE directly at 1-800-601-3549, Mon. - Fri., 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT. Provide the Pearson VUE representative with your ABIM ID. Please include “ABIM” in front of your ID number (i.e., ABIM999999) and confirm which exam you will be taking.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail or fax message from Pearson VUE with the details of your assessment. Contact Pearson VUE if you do not receive this confirmation within a day of scheduling. If you do not receive a confirmation within one week, check your spam or blocking filter.
- You will receive a reminder e-mail from ABIM two weeks prior to your exam date.
Before your exam date:
- Familiarize yourself with ABIM's exam policies.
- Read the current re-examination policy for ABIM Board Certification exams.
- Complete the certification exam tutorial to prepare yourself for the test format.
- Find out What to Expect on Exam Day.
- A reminder e-mail will be sent two weeks prior to your exam date.
- You are responsible for making your own travel and hotel reservations. Recommendations for overnight accommodations are not available from ABIM or the test vendor.