Program directors of ACGME-accredited internal medicine residencies and fellowships receive 20 Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points in Practice Assessment annually. This is in recognition of the quality improvement (QI) work intrinsic to their roles.
Program directors may also attest to meaningful participation in GME-related QI activities for faculty in their programs. Faculty will also receive 20 MOC points in Practice Assessment.
Guidelines for the type of activities that may qualify are provided in FasTrack, where the attestations are made.
I am a program director. How do I receive my 20 MOC points?
Sign in to FasTrack now to receive your MOC points and attest to your faculty's QI participation for 2018. The deadline to attest for 2019 is March 31, 2020.
We encourage program directors to complete these attestations at the same time they do their training attestations in FasTrack. Once a program director attests to their faculty's participation, FasTrack will remember this information, thus streamlining the reporting process.
Follow these steps to attest:
- Look up your eligible faculty members’ six-digit ABIM ID numbers within the Check a Physician's Certification feature on ABIM.org. The ABIM ID is also on the bottom of the ABIM certificate(s) that physicians have been issued.
- Sign in to FasTrack using your ABIM sign-in credentials. If you haven't yet updated your credentials, please click the "Reset / Forgot Password" link. If you need assistance with changing your ABIM password, please email email@example.com.
- Select the “MOC for QI” link in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Enter your ABIM ID.
- Attest to the participation of those faculty involved in QI in your training program by entering their ABIM IDs. The list will automatically populate the first and last names for each ABIM ID entered.
- Submit your completed attestation form to ABIM. Once submitted, the credit will be granted, so please check your list carefully.